A warriors Battle

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Situation Report #7

Dad is still in TCU at Dominican Hospital.  No plans to transfer him anywhere.  We are still just waiting for something to happen.  Of course we are also afraid that something will happen.  Low platelets, blood clot in lungs that can't be fixed with them low, rare aggressive blood cancer that might be eating the platelets, can't treat the cancer with the blood clot...you know the drill by now.

I would say the big excitement this morning was dad finding out Mathew is on his way home from Afghanistan.  Normal families tell the sick guy and everyone feels relief.  NO, not this clan.  We KNEW to not tell dad.  Unfortunately, he heard.  So then of course he goes into a panic that Mathew is leaving his men.  Having mom, a nurse and I trying to explain to dad that Mathews replacement was ALREADY there anyway.  He would never leave his men in harms way.  He is basically just taking a fast ride home!  It took a seasoned Catholic priest who was a chaplain during the Apartheid era in South Africa to suddenly appear and talk him down.

"Your son must love you."
"Yeah but you don't leave your men behind.  I'm the first one in and last one out!"
"Right, never leave a buddy behind."
"Yeah, right." 
"Your son was trained well by you it seems.  He refuses to leave you, his buddy, behind." 

Wow, that guy was good!  Every time dad bobbed, he weaved.  It was spiritual boxing at it's best.  He said that in ALL his years as a priest dad is the toughest he'd seen.  Welcome Father to what we like to call DAD.

So, dad is reading the blog.  Of course the red isn't RED enough and the gold isn't GOLD enough.  I'll get right on that Colonel.  **eye roll**  He then insisted that I post a photo since I mentioned in the last post that he looks great for a guy who is fighting for his life.

Not to fast in that blue smock there hot shot!
Well, since my Waiting for Godot reference didn't go over to well....come on people.  Doesn't anyone out there enjoy absurdest French plays of the 20th century.  GEEZ!  Okay Okay so here is another reference to explain what we feel like right now.  Here are dads doctors:

"What'da wanna do?"  "I donno, what'da you wanna do?"



No offense, they are great.  They just can't move on anything until we can get a break somewhere.  Maybe some platelets that want to stick around?   I feel like the little bird in the back.

Please feel free to email me amlesnowicz@yahoo.com if you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything.

8 comments:

  1. Love it Analicia...you want to know you can help us with anything:) How about we are here for you if you need anything ;) Really if any of you need anything, let us know. Maybe some ice cream will entice those platelets to stick around!

    Love to you all, Kelly & Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...you look great Ed!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'd just like to say that I was happy about the Godot ref, but I have no idea where the picture of the birds is from. And that certainly doesn't look like a guy "fighting for his life." In fact, it looks like a stock photo that we'd turn down for any of our pharmaceutical promotional pieces because the subject looks "too happy and healthy" to be in a hospital. Kristin and I would just like you to know that we have 2 months until we get out there again, and we haven't had the pleasure of meeting your dad in all this time, so tell him that this pollock wants to buy him a beer and a steak come September!
    - Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, the photo was a great idea! I must say he looks quite chipper for his present state of health. I just hope you feel half as good as you look.
    As for the bird references I do remember those characters from along my path somewhere. The longer we live the foggier it seems to get! As Mom would say, who is living with us now by the way, "Well, naturally!"
    How can we move those doctors into an action mode anyway?? Ice cream does sound good in the meantime.
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture Uncle Ed! thank you Analicia for keeping us updated. My love and prayers are with you all! You are am amazing man Uncle Ed! I love you!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Analicia, you obviously have an amazing family. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. Your posts just bring tears to my eyes. Stay positive! Kerri Berry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Col. Lesnowicz, we've only met and spoken briefly a few times, but over the last couple years I've worked with and been welcomed as a friend by your two daughters and their families. In that time, I've found them both to be smart, strong, loyal and warm hearted. They are leaders who step up, put themselves out in front and don't back down. Acorns don't fall far from the tree. I know they are who they are due to their upbringing. I know you must be a very proud father of them as well as your son. Strength comes both from within and from those surrounding you. By all accounts, your strength is enormous.
    Michael Becker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir
    I served with you when you were 11th Mar Reg CO. Of all the leaders I served under you had the greatest impact. While I made some mistakes as a young officer, you never rushed to judgment; you counseled, guided and set me on the right path. The last time our paths crossed we broke bread together at a St Barbara celebration in 11th Marines Maintenance Bay in 2008. You chose to sit and eat with myself and Jay Bishop vice the head table. As I get ready to retire this year and call it a day I want to share the best advice I have ever received in my career. You told me, it's ok to look back at where you have been, just don't stare. If you stare back you will trip, and fall. Sir, you and your family have our deepest prayers; you are the finest Marine I have ever served with. I look forward to seeing you at the maintenance bay again. God Bless.
    Kurt Mogensen (AKA~ MOGS)

    ReplyDelete