A warriors Battle

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Situation Report #5

I can't sleep.  I was thinking about something that a medical professional said yesterday.
 "Getting your dad out of this will be tricky." 

My knee jerk Lesnowicz response?  
 "Then stand back and watch me pull a rabbit out my ass."

**BONG**
 Yes, I realize this is Lesnowicz survival mode at it's best.

It looks like Mathew just commented on the last Situation Report #4 that they have shipped him home from Afghanistan.  We have the light on for ya little brother.  Who are we kidding we have a freakin' spot light going here.

There was something else that was keeping me awake.

Yesterday as dad and I sat in a waiting room for one hour to long.  Emotionally and physically exhausted dad sat in a wheel chair next to me with a look on his face that said it all.  Mostly, you have GOT to be kidding me.  There was another family in this bright cold room.  A little Hawaiian boy with his mom and sister.  All energy he was bouncing in his chair, swinging his legs and literally holding on to the seat his mom ordered him into.  He accidentally (well maybe) flipped the lights out.  Instantly he was barked into a new chair.  Head low and feet hanging limp from his new prison of a seat he lifted his head slowly and looked at dad.  I glanced over at dad and caught it.  The mischievous smile and wink that instantly said "You're all right kiddo."  The little boy instantly perked back up.  I am sure his mom wondered where the instant re energized moment came from.  A gift I thought.  A gift that dad has given to me a thousand times.  One that can't be bottled or bought.  My heart was re energized too.  This is why people love my dad. 

I will leave you with a new quote that came out of my mouth last night in the middle of a pity party sob fest. 

"I'm in a pickle but I love my jar."



Okay, I'm going to lay back down.  No news is good news at 3am pacific.  Morning needs to get here so we can go see dad.

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Ed, Mary and family,

    Our thoughts, prayers, and positive energy are with you! We KNOW you are as tough as they come and will fight through this illness. Hang in there and rest easy knowing that you have so much love and support around you.

    Love,
    Chris, Sue and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely written, Analicia. I've seen that look, too, from your dad;) It's a good one and you're right - it speaks volumes!

    Glad to hear that Matthew is on his way and that you are assembled as a team. I'm sure seeing your faces is just what he needs right now. Hang in there Ed. Hang in there family. We love you, miss you and are praying for you every second of the day. xo- Bel (and Michael and Andrei and Lyzel)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture your dad looking at this boy. Ed's smile and twinkle in his eyes are one of the things I love about him!

    Hang in there Ed, there a lot's of people pulling for you!!

    Love, Kelly & the boys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed,

    My favorite warrior, hang in there.

    Heck, if I'm afraid to grapple with you that stupid illness better be afraid too.

    Analicia, thanks for reminding me about that look that your dad gives people. I've been lucky to get it too.

    Stay STRONG, Michael (only a phone call away)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. We miss you all. So glad to hear that Matt is coming home. Love you all.

    Love,
    Brian, Becky, Marcus & Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colonel and Mrs. Lesnowicz, Analicia, Matthew and all,

    The more distant, adoptive Brazilian side of this beautiful family stands here, heart heavy but full of hope knowing that, if anyone can make this disease tremble in the face of the battle, it's Ed.

    You are all in our thoughts right now, and we hope for Matthew's quick arrival so you can all be together. Please be strong, and if there's anything at all we can do, please don't hesitate.

    Leonardo and Nicole Santos

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're so happy that Mathew is on his way home. We hope you got some sleep last night. Great post, Analicia. You captured that moment well. Lots of love and even more prayers today. Big hugs to you, Mr. Lesnowicz. Love, Chris & Bender

    ReplyDelete
  8. So now cb wants to say a lil piece ...

    if i've met anyone who can show an illness what's what, it's you. you got this. love, thoughts, prayers and vibes. now go take this thing like it was a beach head or something. you need anything, you let us know.

    bender

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy, and complete recovery. We look forward to seeing you again and your warm, sweet family! As you know, better than most, there are trying times. Let's leave this one behind and move on to the sunny days! May the powers beyond us give you the strengh to get there.
    With love and respect,
    Toni and Frank

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Uncle Eddie it is Becky and Krystal - we just got done reading your newest post - we are both very proud of you! Krystal says that she has not spent much time with you, but in that short period of time, you instilled in her, the value of education,family, going for your dreams and not giving up. Your are in our thoughts and prayers every minute of every day. We are here for you! We would join your troop anytime and have you lead us on any mission! Love you!

    ReplyDelete