A warriors Battle

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Situation Report #13

We are finally GOING to DISNEY WORLD! 
Does that mouse have a doctorate?
Well, not really.  Dad has his first offical appointment with Stanford Medical tomorrow.  Kind of feels like we are going to Disney World minus the whole happiest place on Earth part.  It might be the smartest place on Earth.   Six in one hand half a dozen in the other, both are awesome.

Dad had a CT Scan yesterday.  The two rounds of Kimo has knocked the cancer down quite a bit.  The reality is this cancer is known to get knocked down and then just comes back with more attitude in 90% of patients.  How ya like them odds?  Hence the "rare aggressive cancer" verbiage.   The reason Stanford has waited for dad to finish a few rounds of Kimo is because:

1.  If you have been following along they were not so sure dad would be "available" for further treatment.  That's when we pulled the rabbit out of our...hats.

2.  Now they will have to start getting creative.  Ideas we have heard are taking healthy stem cells and/or bone marrow while the cancer is down then truly going full big wave surfer Mavericks-style Kimo on dad. Then they put the healthy stuff back into dad to give him the good guys he needs to win.

There are also possible clinical trials.  Hopefully, all this will be discussed tomorrow and I will have a full report with all kinds of cool things.  I promise to wear my "house of the mouse" ears during the report.  I would wear them to Stanford but we don't want them to realize the Lesnowicz family is crazier than hell.  We did however promise our local doctor to act our usual selves because we need to be "accepted" and he thinks our shiny attitudes might win us a seat on the cancer cure tram.  Look alive people, Toot Toot!!

Speaking of shiny attitudes there is a quote I like to live by "Perception Creates Reality".  I've had time to pause, reflect and ask myself what does that really mean and how did I come by living by such a concept.

When I was little we moved from Quantico, VA (my dad had just finished TBS) to Lawton, OK for a few months of artillery training.  We moved into a trailer park packed with young families.  Dad went off to work only to come home a few nights in a row to my sister and I moping around the tiny trailer, "None of the kids want to play with us."  Oklahoma seemed to have a tornado of little kids and we just couldn't get sucked in.  The next night dad arrived home but this time with a BRAND NEW Fisher-Price boat.  That's right, it was still IN the box and it wasn't anyone's birthday.  A rare sight.

He excitedly sat my sister and I down and said, "Okay girls, you are going to go out front with this boat and act like you are having the time of your life."   He walked us out there on that little piece of cement, held up that box and shouted  "OH WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? WOW".  You could feel the sides of the tornado take pause.  They must of thought the Queen of England had sent us something straight from Buckingham Palace.  I know I was convinced.  My sister and I jumped with glee.  We took that boat out of the box and played with dad.  Man, that was one awesome boat.  It had avocado green sides, diving board and even a captains chair.  When we looked up dad was gone, replaced by a gust or two of that tornado.  One by one the kids came over.  We had our friends and before we knew it we were an accepted part of mother nature's weather patterns.

I imagine now that dad was looking through the small glass window.  Smiling to himself about the fact that he had just won over a pack of 4-7 year old's, no small feat.  He probably turned to mom and asked "What's for dinner Mar, I'm starved."  Mom, I am sure, was thrilled just to have those two mopey kids out of the trailer.

You see, the gift wasn't the little green boat, as I had thought for so many years.  The gift, was the idea that I could win people over, even crowds for that matter, with the right tools and attitude.  If you go in with the right perception you can create reality with it.

So, what came of the little green boat you ask?  Well, she traveled to a dozen duty stations all over the world.  Floated the high seas of more night time baths then can be counted.  Maybe she isn't the exact same boat the Queen had sent but in my eyes she looks as good as the day she arrived from the palace 35 years ago. 

The "Manipulator of the Seas"

My two year old was playing with her today.  He lifted her up and said  "Mommy, a boat."  I paused, knelt down and smiled at her.  I lightly coughed out the sudden lump in my throat "Yes darlin' a boat, just a little green boat." 

   

12 comments:

  1. Ana...I felt something run down my face. It was a tear. At first I smacked my face because I thought it was a bug (you know I'm not a crier). Tell your Dad nit to worry...anyone who can win over a pack of children of any age has nothing to worry about. This Cancer should abandon ship now! The SS Lesnowicz is one hell of a battle ship:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to say some Big Prayers and think Big Thoughts. So happy you are being seen by the Stanford Medical Team! Yeah, not QUITE like Disney World, but kinda. :) I'm inspired by your strength ... this cancer clearly picked the WRONG person to try to mess with!

    Semper Fi,
    Mary McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Analicia for your heart in writing this blog. I love the true story that goes with that FP Boat. Is it any wonder why so many family and friends love your Dad so much (and your whole family)!?! Been praying and thinking of all of you, especially with the Stanford appt today. Trusting in GOD in Heaven, to continue to give the Doctors wisdom and to watch over your Dad, every second of every day and to also watch over YOU and BABY. PLEASE don't overdo!! Take care of Y-O-U!!!
    ....repeat after me.....

    "It's a small world after all,
    It's a small world after all,
    It's a small world after all,
    It's a small, small world!!" ;-)

    I love you lots cousin,
    Sending hugs to You, Dex and Ben.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Analicia, You got me crying this time. You are such a wonderful writer and I love who you are as a person, a cousin whom I am so happy to have finally met. You all are so lucky to have these great memories to share and with everyone pulling and looking out for your dad I am sure he is going to be blessed and come out of this okay. It sounds like he will have to go through a rough time before he gets better but we are praying he will not have to be too uncomfortable before then. We love you all & think of you often. Take care of yourself! Carmen & Family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect story describing the man we love.
    s/f,
    Jim & Sandra
    PS: We're praying hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Analicia (and family),

    Thanks for the update and the great story. Your Dad truly is an inspiration. We're thinking of you every day.

    Love to all,
    Chris, Sue and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, what a touching and sweet story. It really is enlightening to read your stories of Family memories,it shows where your Families strength,courage and love comes from.Stay strong,and do take care, and I'll continue to pray,as I have when thinking of your BEAUTIFUL Family.... Love, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers prayers and MORE Prayers. What a touching story and i'm glad to shared it with all of us. Go get em! Positive thoughts go a LONG way. Just visualize all the positive thoughts and new treatments chewing up the cancers like sharks....lots of them. OR maybe that little PAC MAN.... ALL my positive thoughts are coming your way - HUGS, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya, Great story Analicia, we never saw that boat that we remember but we sure remember what yawl looked like back then.

    Ed, know you probably feel like something the cat coughed up but hang in there my friend. Also keep in mind that a few of the docs at that place were in the bottom half of their graduating class...Cheerful thought, eh! One of my life long mottoes is always listen to the experts, then do what you think is best. That bit of advice didn't win over some of my CO's but I came out without a big scratch! I am with you in spirit.

    Our best wishes to all of you guys. Dick&Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I have to agree with Jenn. I almost cried too. As usual you are amazing. Ive been thinking about writing a book just for myself but you should really write a book and have it published. Im so happy things are at this point. Every little step in the positive direction. Give everyone kisses and hugs for me. Love you guys! Miss psycho caller recently (but you know me, don't feel pressured to call me bacK) and Auntie nanny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everyone! I've been away from the Internet for awhile and just caught up on all the updates. So glad things are improving! I really enjoy reading all the stories that you share on here. You should all write a book.

    We really enjoyed visiting with everyone at the reunion and in SC. Keeping you all in our prayers.

    Love you!
    Lindsay & Drew

    p.s. I must admit that I got all excited when I read the Disney World part since that's only an hour from us..... :) But Stanford is just as nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Analicia, what an awesome story. I could hear those all day.
    Uncle Ed, how many hats ya'll have now? I made it to 19. My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you. Keep on fighting Cowboy!
    Love, Madalena

    ReplyDelete